More and more services are being offered online these days, making the world a lot smaller and the help you need readily available. Therapy can now be at your fingertips!
Benefits to Online Counselling
- Greater selection of therapists based on their specializations and suitability for your needs rather than their location.
- Convenient to do therapy from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- Research has shown that online therapy is as effective as in-person therapy & the therapist-client connection can be as strong online as it is in person.
- More efficient for busy working professionals.
- Services are discrete. You can avoid waiting rooms.
- Reduces our ecological footprint.
- Relieves stress in getting to appointments. You no longer have to worry about missing appointments due to traffic jams or getting lost!
- Increases accessibility of psychotherapy to underserved populations. Removes barriers to treatment such as mobility limitations, illness, and disabilities.
- Greater flexibility in scheduling appointment times.
- May ease shyness or apprehension about meeting a new therapist in person.
How does Booking Work?
- Phone or email us to set up an appointment, and let us know you prefer an online therapy appointment. Please indicate whether you prefer to connect over Facetime or VSee.
- Once an appointment has been booked, you will be asked to complete brief intake documents through the secure online booking system.
- Download the VSee free software to any device and add us to your contacts. Create a VSee profile and add your provider to your contacts using their email address.
- Payment is accepted by electronic (email) bank transfer or major credit card prior to the start of each appointment. Electronic receipts will be provided for your tax documents and/or to submit to insurance providers for reimbursement.
Online Counselling is Not Suitable for:
- Individuals who are actively suicidal or currently in a safety crisis.
- Individuals who do not have a private, confidential space available.
- Individuals without a reliable internet connection.
Still have questions?
We’re happy to offer free phone consultations to help you get a better idea of what to expect. Call us now. We can help. Recovery is possible!
Book a free phone consultation now
Healing with your heart in mind